Sunday 13 October 2013

So, I missed last week's Flash Fiction Challenge, as I was away in Orkney for a week. What a beautiful, desolate, and amazing place it is (and quite, quite wet!). We went to Skara Brae, a prehistoric village over 5000 years old. They had furniture! Beds and dressers, functional boxes for keeping seafood fresh. Amazing to think people were living very similarly to how we do now, but 5000 years ago. Somehow I don't think the ubiquitous Ikea furniture will still be around in 100 years time, let alone 5000, but I suppose it's a mite more comfortable than a rock bed!

Anyhoo, this week's flash fiction challenge was fun. Linked here: http://terribleminds.com/ramble/2013/10/11/flash-fiction-challenge-horror-in-three-sentences/comment-page-3/#comment-345007

Basically, a horror story in 3 sentences. It needs a beginning, middle and end and has to be scary. I had fun with this little challenge and might return here again!

Hopefully this little offering hits the spot :)

I wake suddenly with a full-throated scream, torn from a terrifying nightmare of being endlessly chased by a shadowy figure through a dreamscape city of half-formed streets and houses. With sleep-encrusted eyes barely wincing open, I grab the glass from the nightstand and take a sip. Cool, rich and globular, the crimson liquid soothes my torn throat, and I sleepily thank my corpse bride as she lies next to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment